Carolina Ear & Hearing Clinic, PC; Carolina Ear Research Institute; Camp Woodbine
February 2017 – Present | Raleigh, N.C.
Clinical Research Coordinator
- Manage on site specifics for multiple studies.
- Coordinate protocol development and IRB approvals; patient identification, screening and consent; source documentation, manage collection and shipment of lab samples; C-SSRS assessments; and CRFs and data entry (iMedidata, RAVE).
- CITI certification for GCP and human subjects research.
Continued Medical Education (CME) Coordinator
- Manage activity planning, course logistics, record-keeping and accreditation, as well as attend meetings and webinars to stay up-to-date.
- Manage local, regional, national and international meetings for the Otologist/Neurotologist surgeon.
- Manage program development, venue and catering contracts, brochure development and marketing, speaker engagement, registration and evaluation, record-keeping and reporting.
- Assist in the nonprofit annual camp for hearing impaired children.
- Maintain camper and volunteer registration and assignment; activity planning and scheduling.
- Handle national and international travel, including flights, accommodations, transportation, activities and itineraries.
Back-up Office Manager for CFO
- Supervise administrative staff and manage daily operations.
- Experienced in health care practice management and operations protocols, including human resources, HIPAA, front desk procedures, patient demographics, surgery and treatment orders, prior authorization for in-patient and out-patient procedures, evaluation and management coding and documentation requirements.
- Maintain professional credentialing for providers, hospitals, and insurance plans.
Executive Administrative Support
- Manage scheduling, correspondence, confidential record-keeping, report and publication editing and submission.
Finance Data Tracker – Temporary
June 2016 – August 2016 | Chester, N.Y.
Responsible for tracking multiple types of data for Mediacom’s expansion project under the finance department.
Relied heavily on Salesforce.com for reference and data entry.
Sorted through thousands of accounts daily for multiple spreadsheets in Microsoft Office Excel.
Freelance PR and Social Media Consultant
Lake City Books
January 2016 – April 2016 | Plattsburgh, N.Y.
This was a short-term, contracted project.
PR and Social Media Consultant
- Created an action plan to produce my client’s desired increase in social media following and coordinated social media posts; proposed potential promotional and fundraising events; assisted in maximizing profits, focusing on merchandising orders and displays; and wrote up a formal consulting contract and kept log of hours.
Executive Assistant – Temporary
June 2015 – August 2015 | Monroe, N.Y.
- Assisted the co-presidents with writing emails and correspondence.
- Supported invoice processing and AP functions.
- Handled processing submittals and transmittals.
Front Desk Assistant
- Responsible for updating promotional materials, processed mail, managed an eight-line phone system and provided customer service by routing calls and solving problems.
Editorial Assistant Supervisor and Administrative Assistant
January 2012 – May 2015 | Plattsburgh, N.Y.
Editorial Assistant Supervisor
- Supervised between three and nine editorial assistants, also known as student interns, each semester; supervised a total of 40 interns in the three and a half years there.
- Managed and distributed manuscripts to the correct editors using Submittable.com.
Advertisement Exchange Manager
- Created and maintained positive relationships with other literary magazines for advertisement exchanges.
Fundraiser Planner & Manager
- Assisted in planning and managing. In the autumn of 2014, Saranac Review celebrated its tenth Anniversary Issue.
- The turnout was double that of the previous year, and the sales increased by three percent.
- Increased the sponsorship rate, rebranded the sponsorship.
- Created the index for journals, contacted all accepted submitters and assisted in formatting the journal.
Online & Social Media Manager
- Assisted in the evolution to accept only online submissions via Submittable.com, created a new website and brand image and managed interns as they publicized Saranac Review on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and blog posts.
- During my time at Saranac Review, I was interviewed in a promotional and informational video an intern had created. Click here to watch the video.
Hiring Committee Member
- Reviewed and interviewed potential employees and interns; was responsible for training new employees and interns.
- Administered assistant and secretarial responsibilities, produced efficient ways to organize the office and stored computer data.
June 2014 – August 2014 | Plymouth, M.A.
- Courtesy called over 600 private practice accounts about products and updating contact information, created a patient brochure for a product, filed leads, organized literature, reformatted many presentations and forms, set up conferences and presentations and ran errands.
- Forwarded along the accounts that needed assistance to their respectful sales representatives and updated Salesforce.com.
Customer Service Intern
- Answered calls ranging from directing customers to the right employee to helping customers place orders.
Clinical Research Coordinator Intern
- Created and organized a library database of over 500 references.