Communications Public Relations Manager
Child Care Services Association
November 2018 – Present | Chapel Hill, N.C.
- Advance a positive image and increase visibility of CCSA’s internal and external relations, its programs and child care issues through public and media relations, and marketing activities
- Provide leadership and oversight of the communications functions
- Work collaboratively with the Fund Development Manager on materials production and website maintenance
Project Manager, Executive Administrative Assistant to the CEO/President
Carolina Ear & Hearing Clinic, PC; Carolina Ear Research Institute; Camp Woodbine
February 2017 – October 2018 | Raleigh, N.C.
- Managed local and regional Continued Medical Education (CME) activity planning, course logistics, record-keeping and accreditation, as well as attended meetings and webinars to stay up-to-date
- Managed local, regional, national and international program development, venue and catering contracts, brochure development and marketing, speaker engagement, registration and evaluation, record-keeping and reporting
- Managed on-site specifics for multiple clinical research studies; coordinated protocol development and IRB approvals, patient identification, screening and consent, source documentation; and CRFs and data entry (iMedidata, RAVE)
- Managed scheduling, correspondence, confidential record-keeping, report and publication editing and submission for industry-related articles
- Supervised administrative staff and managed daily operations when Office Manager/CFO was not available
- Assisted in the nonprofit annual camp for hearing impaired children
- Attained CITI certification for GCP and human subjects research
Finance Data Tracker – Temporary
June 2016 – August 2016 | Chester, N.Y.
- Responsible for tracking multiple types of data for Mediacom’s expansion project under the finance department
- Relied heavily on Salesforce.com for reference and data entry
- Sorted through thousands of accounts daily for multiple spreadsheets in Microsoft Office Excel
Freelance PR and Social Media Consultant
Lake City Books
January 2016 – April 2016 | Plattsburgh, N.Y.
- Created action plan to produce client’s desired increase in social media following
- Coordinated social media posts and proposed potential promotional and fundraising events
- Assisted in maximizing profits, focusing on merchandising orders and displays
- Wrote up a formal consulting contract and kept a log of hours
- This was a short-term, contracted project
Executive Assistant – Temporary
June 2015 – August 2015 | Monroe, N.Y.
- Assisted the co-presidents with writing emails and correspondence
- Supported invoice processing and AP functions
- Handled processing submittals and transmittals
- Responsible for updating promotional materials, processed mail, managed an eight-line phone system and provided customer service by routing calls and solving problems
Editorial Assistant Supervisor and Administrative Assistant
January 2012 – May 2015 | Plattsburgh, N.Y.
- Supervised between three and nine editorial assistants, also known as student interns, each semester including managing interns’ social media and blog posts; supervised a total of 40 interns
- Assisted in planning and managing annual launch events
- Rebranded sponsorship kit and increased sponsorship numbers
- Assisted in the evolution of a new brand image, a new website and to only accepting manuscripts online via Submittable.com
- Managed and distributed manuscripts to the correct editors using Submittable.com, created the index for journals, contacted all accepted submitters and assisted in formatting the journal
- Created and maintained positive relationships with other literary magazines for advertisement exchanges
- Reviewed and interviewed potential employees and interns; was responsible for training new employees and interns
- Interviewed in a promotional and informational video created by an intern
June 2014 – August 2014 | Plymouth, M.A.
- Courtesy called over 600 private practice accounts about products and updating contact information, created a patient brochure for a product, filed leads, organized literature, reformatted many presentations and forms, set up conferences and presentations and ran errands
- Forwarded along the accounts that needed assistance to their respectful sales representatives and updated Salesforce.com
- Answered calls ranging from directing customers to the right employee to helping customers place orders
- Created and organized a library database of over 500 references