Communications Public Relations Manager
November 2018 – Present | Chapel Hill, N.C.
Research, plan, implement and evaluate communications goals for the organization focusing on building external awareness, developing organization website and reworking organizational messaging for internal and external audiences to have organization be an industry thought leader.
Advance a positive image and increase visibility of the organization’s internal and external relations, its programs and child care issues through public and media relations, and marketing activities.
- Researched, planned, implemented and evaluated online awareness campaign for the 45th-anniversary event
- Research, plan, implement and evaluate Giving Tuesday online fundraising campaign every year
Provide leadership and oversight of the communications functions.
- Initiated and coordinate organization-wide social media committee; meet quarterly; delegate and coordinate committee-wide mini online campaigns, such as Week of the Young Child and National Teacher Appreciation Week
- Supervise interns every college academic semester; train, delegate tasks and evaluate performance
- Audited all communications policies, procedures, protocols and materials; created a social media use policy, revised the organization-wide communications policy and created an organization-wide style guide
- Created a guide to writing blogs and train divisions on how to write blogs
- Consult division vice presidents on all internal and external communications, public relations and marketing research, goals and initiatives
Work collaboratively with the Fund Development Manager on materials production and website maintenance.
- Create and update existing marketing materials for all divisions from posters to flyers to brochures
- Manage website, launched a new website theme through WordPress, edited website content, rewrite copy of the website
Project Manager, Executive Administrative Assistant to the CEO/President
February 2017 – October 2018 | Raleigh, N.C.
- Managed local and regional Continued Medical Education (CME) activity planning, course logistics, record-keeping and accreditation, as well as attended meetings and webinars to stay up-to-date
- Managed local, regional, national and international program development, venue and catering contracts, brochure development and marketing, speaker engagement, registration and evaluation, record-keeping and reporting
- Managed on-site specifics for multiple clinical research studies; coordinated protocol development and IRB approvals, patient identification, screening and consent, source documentation; and CRFs and data entry (iMedidata, RAVE)
- Managed scheduling, correspondence, confidential record-keeping, report and publication editing and submission for industry-related articles
- Supervised administrative staff and managed daily operations when Office Manager/CFO was not available
- Assisted in the nonprofit annual camp for hearing impaired children
- Attained CITI certification for GCP and human subjects research
Finance Data Tracker – Temporary
June 2016 – August 2016 | Chester, N.Y.
- Responsible for tracking multiple types of data for Mediacom’s expansion project under the finance department
- Relied heavily on Salesforce.com for reference and data entry
- Sorted through thousands of accounts daily for multiple spreadsheets in Microsoft Office Excel
Freelance PR and Social Media Consultant
January 2016 – April 2016 | Plattsburgh, N.Y.
- Created action plan to produce client’s desired increase in social media following
- Coordinated social media posts and proposed potential promotional and fundraising events
- Assisted in maximizing profits, focusing on merchandising orders and displays
- Wrote up a formal consulting contract and kept a log of hours
- This was a short-term, contracted project
Executive Assistant – Temporary
June 2015 – August 2015 | Monroe, N.Y.
- Assisted the co-presidents with writing emails and correspondence
- Supported invoice processing and AP functions
- Handled processing submittals and transmittals
- Responsible for updating promotional materials, processed mail, managed an eight-line phone system and provided customer service by routing calls and solving problems
Editorial Assistant Supervisor and Administrative Assistant
January 2012 – May 2015 | Plattsburgh, N.Y.
- Supervised between three and nine editorial assistants, also known as student interns, each semester including managing interns’ social media and blog posts; supervised a total of 40 interns
- Assisted in planning and managing annual launch events
- Rebranded sponsorship kit and increased sponsorship numbers
- Assisted in the evolution of a new brand image, a new website and to only accepting manuscripts online via Submittable.com
- Managed and distributed manuscripts to the correct editors using Submittable.com, created the index for journals, contacted all accepted submitters and assisted in formatting the journal
- Created and maintained positive relationships with other literary magazines for advertisement exchanges
- Reviewed and interviewed potential employees and interns; was responsible for training new employees and interns
- Interviewed in a promotional and informational video created by an intern
June 2014 – August 2014 | Plymouth, M.A.
- Courtesy called over 600 private practice accounts about products and updating contact information, created a patient brochure for a product, filed leads, organized literature, reformatted many presentations and forms, set up conferences and presentations and ran errands
- Forwarded along the accounts that needed assistance to their respectful sales representatives and updated Salesforce.com
- Answered calls ranging from directing customers to the right employee to helping customers place orders
- Created and organized a library database of over 500 references