Carolina Ear & Hearing Clinic, PC; Carolina Ear Research Institute; Camp Woodbine
February 2017 – Present | Raleigh, N.C.
Clinical Research Coordinator
- Manage on site specifics for multiple studies.
- Coordinate protocol development and IRB approvals; patient identification, screening and consent; source documentation, manage collection and shipment of lab samples; C-SSRS assessments; and CRFs and data entry (iMedidata, RAVE).
- CITI certification for GCP and human subjects research.
Continued Medical Education (CME) Coordinator
- Manage activity planning, course logistics, record-keeping and accreditation, as well as attend meetings and webinars to stay up-to-date.
- Manage local, regional, national and international meetings for the Otologist/Neurotologist surgeon.
- Manage program development, venue and catering contracts, brochure development and marketing, speaker engagement, registration and evaluation, record-keeping and reporting.
- Assist in the nonprofit annual camp for hearing impaired children.
- Maintain camper and volunteer registration and assignment; activity planning and scheduling.
- Handle national and international travel, including flights, accommodations, transportation, activities and itineraries.
Back-up Office Manager for CFO
- Supervise administrative staff and manage daily operations.
- Experienced in health care practice management and operations protocols, including human resources, HIPAA, front desk procedures, patient demographics, surgery and treatment orders, prior authorization for in-patient and out-patient procedures, evaluation and management coding and documentation requirements.
- Maintain professional credentialing for providers, hospitals, and insurance plans.
Executive Administrative Support
- Manage scheduling, correspondence, confidential record-keeping, report and publication editing and submission.
Finance Data Tracker – Temporary
June 2016 – August 2016 | Chester, N.Y.
- Responsible for tracking multiple types of data for Mediacom’s expansion project under the finance department.
- Relied heavily on Salesforce.com for reference and data entry.
- Sorted through thousands of accounts daily for multiple spreadsheets in Microsoft Office Excel.
Freelance PR and Social Media Consultant
Lake City Books
January 2016 – April 2016 | Plattsburgh, N.Y.
This was a short-term, contracted project.
PR and Social Media Consultant
- Created an action plan to produce my client’s desired increase in social media following and coordinated social media posts; proposed potential promotional and fundraising events; assisted in maximizing profits, focusing on merchandising orders and displays; and wrote up a formal consulting contract and kept log of hours.
Executive Assistant – Temporary
June 2015 – August 2015 | Monroe, N.Y.
- Assisted the co-presidents with writing emails and correspondence.
- Supported invoice processing and AP functions.
- Handled processing submittals and transmittals.
Front Desk Assistant
- Responsible for updating promotional materials, processed mail, managed an eight-line phone system and provided customer service by routing calls and solving problems.
Editorial Assistant Supervisor and Administrative Assistant
January 2012 – May 2015 | Plattsburgh, N.Y.
Editorial Assistant Supervisor
- Supervised between three and nine editorial assistants, also known as student interns, each semester; supervised a total of 40 interns in the three and a half years there.
- Managed and distributed manuscripts to the correct editors using Submittable.com.
Advertisement Exchange Manager
- Created and maintained positive relationships with other literary magazines for advertisement exchanges.
Fundraiser Planner & Manager
- Assisted in planning and managing. In the autumn of 2014, Saranac Review celebrated its tenth Anniversary Issue.
- The turnout was double that of the previous year, and the sales increased by three percent.
- Increased the sponsorship rate, rebranded the sponsorship.
- Created the index for journals, contacted all accepted submitters and assisted in formatting the journal.
Online & Social Media Manager
- Assisted in the evolution to accept only online submissions via Submittable.com, created a new website and brand image and managed interns as they publicized Saranac Review on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and blog posts.
- During my time at Saranac Review, I was interviewed in a promotional and informational video an intern had created. Click here to watch the video.
Hiring Committee Member
- Reviewed and interviewed potential employees and interns; was responsible for training new employees and interns.
- Administered assistant and secretarial responsibilities, produced efficient ways to organize the office and stored computer data.
June 2014 – August 2014 | Plymouth, M.A.
- Courtesy called over 600 private practice accounts about products and updating contact information, created a patient brochure for a product, filed leads, organized literature, reformatted many presentations and forms, set up conferences and presentations and ran errands.
- Forwarded along the accounts that needed assistance to their respectful sales representatives and updated Salesforce.com.
Customer Service Intern
- Answered calls ranging from directing customers to the right employee to helping customers place orders.
Clinical Research Coordinator Intern
- Created and organized a library database of over 500 references.