Public Relations Campaigns
Executive Board Secretary & Senior Account Executive
May 2015 – December 2015 | Plattsburgh, N.Y.
Cardinal PR is a student-run PR firm and Student Association club at SUNY Plattsburgh.
Executive Board Secretary
- Met with the executive board weekly and clients monthly; took attendance, logged hours and delegated to the firm of 16 junior account executives with my three other fellow executive board members.
Senior Account Executive
- Researched and prepared communications, public relations and marketing plans for our 2015-16 client, CV-TEC, which included rebranding and increasing enrollment.
Planning Board Committee Member
August 2014 – December 2015 | Plattsburgh, NY
Planning Committee Member
- Assisted in planning and managing the first set of parent workshop series, generated a larger inquiry of potential mentors for our annual recruitment and the annual overnight conference with over 500 attendees.
- Kept in contact with many of Shine On!’s clients.
- Presented to potential sponsors.
Social Media Coordinator
- Managed social media posts and following on Facebook and Twitter.
Writer and Editor
- Wrote and edited grants, sponsorship kits, news and feature releases.
- During Shine On!’s fifth annual conference, I was interviewed by SUNY Plattsburgh’s student-run newspaper, Cardinal Points, in this video.
Public Relations Course Campaign Leader & Team Member
August 2014 – May 2015 | Plattsburgh, NY
The Ted K. Center is a non-profit youth center which provides educational, social and recreational opportunities for the children who live at Plattsburgh Housing Authority.
- The center’s van broke down in the summer of 2014 while transporting children. With funding already minimal, the center looked to us for help in raising $15,000 for a new vehicle and increasing awareness by planning a full-scale public relations campaign.
- In honor of Earth Day (April 22, 2015), the Ted K. Center teamed up with SUNY Plattsburgh to collect one million cans and bottles throughout the month of April.
Campaign Team Leader
Communicated with the client, researched the non-profit youth center industry, kept attendance of our team and track of our log hours; planned our campaign, key messages, Q&A session, timeline and budget.
Campaign Team Member
Put our plan into action and evaluated the campaign; created promotional material, kept in contact with sponsors, such as PepsiCo and Casella Waste, and presented a road show to all local Plattsburgh businesses regarding donations.
Received 10 local and regional media hits from Cardinal Points, Press Republican, WPTZ, WNBZ, Mountain Lake Journal PBS and SUNY Plattsburgh.
Writer & Editor
Collaborated with the team to draft and edit press releases and promotional material, such as fliers and save-the-date handouts; solely responsible for drafting and submitting the campaign’s Letter to the Editor of the Press Republican, showing appreciation for the community’s support.
Totaled over 202,000 redeemables collected and raised over $11,000. Support from sponsors included monetary donations, manpower and supplies, which was equivalent to $5,000; exceeded the campaign goal in raising $15,000 for the Ted K. Center to purchase a new van.
For a more detailed overview, visit the “Ted K. for Earth Day’s Million Can Redemption Plan” page.